Michael Andrew Risley, Esq.
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Michael Risley received his B.A. from the University of Oklahoma in 2005. As an undergraduate, Mr. Risley spent seven months in northeastern Thailand doing human rights work, where he learned the value of doing the right thing, even in the face of adversity.
In 2008, at the University of Tulsa College of Law, Mr. Risley was awarded the American Bar Association's Curtin Fellowship for his work in alternative sentencing for homeless defendants.
Unable to refuse the call of home, Mr. Risley returned to O.U. in 2009, where he did pro bono criminal defense work for low- and no-income clients at the O.U. College of Law's Criminal Defense Clinic. He was awarded his J.D in 2010 and admitted to the Oklahoma Bar in the same year.
Mr. Risley was born in Singapore to his Norwegian mother and American father, and split his childhood between England and Oklahoma. His out-of-the-ordinary life experience has instilled in him a long standing respect for diversity and a commitment to serving others, which he puts at the forefront of his legal practice.
- Supreme Court of Oklahoma
- Court of Civil Appeals
- Court of Criminal Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Cleveland County Bar Association
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Top 40 Under 40
- Super Lawyer Nominee
- Speaker, University of Oklahoma Criminal Defense Clinic: "Real Life Criminal Defense"
- Speaker, Francis Tuttle T.O.P. Program: "Erasing Criminal Records: Expungements, Pardons, and Modification"
- Speaker, University of Oklahoma College of Law Guest Speaker Series: "How to Start Your Own Law Practice"
- Curtin Fellow: The American Bar Association's Commission on Homelessness and Poverty
University of Oklahoma, College of Law
Juris Doctor 2010
University of Oklahoma, College of Arts & Sciences
Bachelor of Arts 2005